The Danish Government welcomes highly qualified and motivated international students from all over the world to study in Denmark. A number of scholarships are therefore offered each year by the Danish Ministry of Education to fund students from countries outside the European Union/ European Economic Area. The scholarships can be awarded for a full degree programme or for part of a degree programme at undergraduate or postgraduate level.
· A citizen of a country outside the EU, the European Economic Area or Switzerland
· Enrolled in a full degree higher education programme
· Granted a time-limited residence permit in Denmark due to education
You are not eligible for a Danish government scholarship if you are:
· Seeking admission to a university level institution of arts, design and architecture · Have a legal claim to the rights of Danish citizens
· Have been granted a residence permit at the time of admission by the Danish Aliens Consolidations Act §9c, subsection 1, as the child of a foreign citizen who has been granted a residence permit in accordance with the Danish Aliens Consolidations Act §9a, and who is a citizen of a country that is not acceded to the EU or covered by the EEA agreement
· A student who is eligible for a grant in accordance with Danish Law regarding the State Education Fund
Institutions: The scholarships are administered by the Danish institutions of higher education, each of which decides which students will receive a scholarship. For further information about the government scholarship, please consult the admission details of the higher education institution of your choice.
More info can be found at Denmark’s official portal for International students: http://studyindenmark.dk/study-in-denmark/tuition-fees-and-scholarships
Please note: The government scholarship consists of two parts and can be given as full or partial tuition fee waivers and/or grants towards covering your living costs. However, since the scholarships are administered by the individual higher education institution you should enquire at the institution of your choice for further details.