The next edition of the International Novruz Festival in Azerbaijan - INFA 2012 - will take place on 15-22 March 2012 in Baku. This project will give you a unique chance to experience different parts of NOVRUZ holiday, such as jumping over bonfires and running through the streets, banging on pots and pans with spoons and knocking on doors with your hats and bags to ask for little presents (sweets and candies) and tasting national cookeries, such as shekerbura, pakhlava, goghal that you have never had before! Another essential part of this festival is a chance to visit the capital of Azerbaijan Baku – the city of centuries – old history, ancient traditions and modern reality became known as “Paris of the East”. And this is not all; lots of surprises are waiting for you…
- To create a culturally diverse and open environment where all of the participants will be able to express their own culture and appreciate the others, discuss different global issues (e.g. ‘tolerance’, ‘local traditions and globalization’, ‘culture in the modern world’, ‘music as a way of expression’ etc.).
- Gain mutual respect for the different cultures in the world and promote peace in our big home – Earth.
- To explore ancient traditions and habits of Azerbaijan culture, to celebrate the antique holiday of Novruz – the beginning of spring in Azerbaijan.
This event aims to bring together 70 motivated participants between the age of 18-35 who are interested in culture and ancient traditions.
There is a participation fee of 60 Euros. This fee covers the following costs:
- Accommodation and food throughout the whole week;
- Local transportation;
- Free entrance to the parties and other events
Participants will be required to cover their travel expenses by themselves. Only limited funds are available to provide reimbursement of the travel expenses of some qualified participants. The financial assistance requests for travel expenses will be considered individually.
You can apply by filling the application form and sending it to email@example.com no later than February 15, 2012. Application from can be found here.
For more information please contact Nurana at firstname.lastname@example.org