The Ministry of Culture and Tourism of the Republic of Turkey offers short summer scholarships for a study trip for successful and motivated graduate students (MA, MPhil, PhD, etc.) interested in Ottoman and Turkish studies.
The aim of the project is to provide wide-ranging first hand information on Turkey, its culture, history and politics; and to promote social and academic exchanges among the participants and their Turkish counterparts.
• Applicants to the study trip must be graduate students in Turcology, History, Political Science, International Relations, Sociology, Journalism, Law or Public Administration.
• This year’s scholarship programme is open to students from the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Russian Federation, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, USA.
• All travel and accommodation expenses of the study trip will be covered by the Turkish Ministry of Culture and Tourism.
• The programme will include 30 participants.
• The programme, excursions and discussions will be in English.
• Participants of the study trip will be required to arrive in Turkey on 29 June 2013 and fully participate in the programme that ends on 8 July 2013.
• Following the visit, participants will be requested to provide an evaluation paper by 30 July 2013 on the programme and their perception of Turkey.
• Applications will be made to the Turkish Embassy in Vienna to the following address: Prinz Eugen Str. no: 40 1040
• Applicants will be requested to provide a CV, motivation letter in English and transcripts.
The deadline for applications is 15 May 2013.