The Summer University (SUN) is an academic program for courses for graduate students, university teachers, researchers and professionals in the social sciences and humanities. In 2013, the summer program (June 3 – July 26, 2013) offers a series of intensive one- and two-week courses in the social sciences and humanities to encourage and promote regional academic co-operation and curriculum development by drawing together young faculty in lectures, seminars and workshops. The language of instruction is English.
Financial aid / scholarsips are available. Applications should be received no later than February 15, 2013.
In 2013 we offer the following courses:
- Adaptation Governance: Spatial, Temporal, and Cultural Constraints and Opportunities
- Comparative Regionalisms: Changing Forms of Governance in Asia, Africa and the Americas and the Effects on the World Order
- Constitution-building in Africa
- Documentary Cinema in the Digital Century
- Justice: Theory and Applications
- Medieval Codicology and Palaeography
- Moral Intuitionism: Epistemological and Ethical Aspects
- Reading Old Bodies: New directions in the bio-archaeological heritage
- Religion and Realism in Political Thought - Historical Perspectives and Recent Developments
- The Politics of Citizenship
Policy and Training courses
- Drug Policy and Human Rights
- Green Industry: Pathways Towards the Industry of the Future
- Innovative Financing for Education: Arguments, Options and Implications
- Internet Governance, Civil Society and Public Policy Advocacy
- LMI-Integrity Education: Teaching Integrity and Improving the Integrity of Higher Education
- LMI-SME’s and Social Enterprises - Doing Business with Integrity in Emerging Markets
- Mediation and Other Methods to Foster Democratic Dialogue
- Mental Disability Law in Practice
- Strategic Human Rights Litigation
- Sustainable Human Development: From International Frameworks to Regional Policies
For further information applicants can contact the SUN office (email@example.com), or visit the SUN website (www.summer.ceu.hu) where they can find the description of each course and apply.
Applicants are encouraged to apply online at https://apply.embark.com/
submit the attachments by the mentioned deadline.