The University of Bologna offers study grants to deserving international students who wish to register for first cycle, second cycle or single cycle Degree Programmes at the University of Bologna for A.Y. 2013-2014 (15 study grants for students registering in First Cycle and Single Cycle degree programmes; 30 study grants for students registering in Second Cycle degree programmes.)
If you are an international student of any nationality in possession of (or about to obtain) a qualification from an institute outside of the Italian system, you may apply for an annual study grant of €11,000 gross (Unibo Action 2).
For students enrolling in First Cycle and Single Cycle degree programmes: the study grants are awarded on the basis of the SAT (Scholastic Assessment Test) test results. For students enrolling in Second Cycle degree programmes: the study grants are awarded on the basis of the GRE (Revised General Test) test results. The lists are drawn up by a board which may give different weightings to the different sections of the tests according to the subject area of the candidates’ chosen degree programme. The achievement of a minimum score is not required.
Deadline for first session
- Presentation of applications: 30 January 2013
- Evaluation of candidatures: February 2013
- Publication of results: March 2013
- Presentation of applications: March 2013
- Evaluation of candidatures: April 2013
- Publication of results: May 2013
Application is open exclusively to candidates who are in possession of all the following requirements:
- the qualifications for admission to the chosen First or Second Cycle degree programme were obtained in an institution outside of the Italian education system, whatever their citizenship. Qualifications issued by institutions of the Republic of San Marino do not satisfy this condition.
- they fulfill the access requirements foreseen for the chosen degree programme or will fulfill such requirements at the time of enrollment
Applications must be made using the application form on the official website no later than 30 January 2013 at 11.15 am (Italian date and time), by: fax to number +39 0512099590 or, alternatively, by hand to the International Students Desk, via Filippo Re 4, Bologna, Italy, during the following open hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: from 9.00 to 11.15 am; Tuesday and Thursday from 2.30 to 3.30 pm.
Applicants must obligatorily specify in their application:
- surname and name, date and place of birth and nationality;
- e-mail address for all communications concerning the application;
- the chosen degree programme (students may indicate only one choice).
Applicants must obligatorily attach with their application:
- copy of their passport. EU citizens can attach copy of their identity document;
- copy of the score report of the SAT test (for students registering for First Cycle or Single Cycle degrees) or GRE test (for students registering for Second Cycle degrees). The SAT or GRE tests must have been sat by the final date for receipt of applications and not earlier than 5 years before it. Next to this, it is mandatory for applicants to send official score reports through the organizations in charge of the tests (CollegeBoard and ETS). In order to send official score reports, applicants must use the recipient codes of the University of Bologna: – for SAT: 6993; for GRE: 7850
- certificate confirming the qualifications suitable for admission to the chosen degree programme, with an indication of the exams passed and relative grades. Students who by the deadline for presentation of applications have not completed their qualifications may present a certificate of registration indicating the exams passed to date and relative grades. The award of the study grant is subject to the effective completion of the qualification prior to enrolment in A.Y. 2013-2014.
The documents presented by the applicants must be written in English or Italian. If the documents are written in any language other than Italian or English, they must be supported by a translation into English or Italian on unstamped paper. The translation may be done directly by the candidate.
For further information please contact:
The International Students Desk of the Alma Mater Studiorum – University of Bologna, Via Filippo Re 4, Tel. +39 0512099529 – +39 0512099507 – +39 0512099510 – +39 0512099291. Fax . +39 0512099590.
To learn more and apply, please visit the official website